We're sponsoring our first-ever poetry contest! We are seeking a love poem to publish on this blog on Valentine’s Day.
1. Must be an original, previously unpublished love poem, written by a resident of South King County (anybody residing in Burien, Tukwila, Renton, Maple Valley, and all points south to the county line).
2. Must include some reference to a South King County feature (lake, hospital, street, school, etc.) If the reference would be obscure to most readers, please tell us more about it in a brief note at the end of the poem.
3. Poem must be no more than 20 lines in length.
Winner will receive:
A $10 Starbucks gift card, recognition in the March issue of SoCoCulture’s monthly E-News, and publication of the poem on this blog. Poet retains all other rights.
To submit (read this carefully, please):
1. E-mail your poem to email@example.com
2. The subject line should read: SoCoCulture Love Poem Contest.
3. Your poem should be included in the body of the e-mail, beginning with the title.
4. Following the poem, let us know your name, city of residence (must be in South King County), e-mail address, and phone number.
5. Deadline: Wednesday, February 10.
Thanks for your interest! We look forward to hearing from you!